It may be time to use a hand scrub if you have rough, dry hands, whether you work with them or wash them frequently. Exfoliating ingredients, as well as nourishing butters and oils, can aid in the removal of dead skin and the restoration of moisture. But we understand what you’re thinking: why not just use your body scrub? You can, although hand scrubs are likely to be less abrasive due to finer granules, as well as more conditioning due to moisturising formulae. They leave skin softer and smoother while also increasing the absorption of your hand cream by sloughing off dead cell build-up. Hand scrubs can soften rough hands, as well as hands that you thought were already pretty smooth.
The benefits of body scrubs
Desquamation is the natural shedding of skin that occurs in a continuous, regenerating cycle. The effectiveness of this process is determined by a variety of factors, including your age, skin type, products used, and surroundings. However, the process isn’t perfect, and it can result in an accumulation of dead skin cells on your skin’s surface. Hand scrubs are useful in this situation. Hand scrubs exfoliate dead skin cells, which has various advantages:
- They make it easier for your skin to absorb moisturiser. Any moisturiser applied subsequently will absorb into the skin more thoroughly because the dead skin cell build-up has been removed.
- They clear clogged pores and keep ingrown hairs away. By using a hand scrub on a regular basis, you can clear your pores and avoid ingrown hairs.
- Your skin will be smoother and more even after using them. Dry skin is harsh to the touch and has a dull, cracked texture and look when it isn’t removed. You should have smoother and more even skin after removing the dead, dry cells.
How to use
- Rinse your skin with warm water.
- Use your fingertips to apply the scrub.
- Scrub your hands a circular motion.
- Using warm water, rinse well.
- Allow skin to air dry, but keep it slightly damp.
- Moisturize your skin. When you apply moisturiser while your skin is still damp, the moisture is trapped.
- Don’t overdo it, though. When it comes to hand scrubs, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.
Types of hand scrubs
- Salt hand scrub
A natural exfoliator is sea salt. Its abrasive texture easily removes dead skin cells.
- Sugar hand scrub
While too much sugar isn’t good for you inside your body, it is fantastic for your skin. Sugar is a humectant, which means it draws water into your skin, keeping it hydrated while also removing dry and dead skin cells.
- Coffee hand scrub
Coffee has a lot of advantages, and hand scrubs are no exception. It has natural exfoliating and anti-inflammatory effects, as well as the ability to promote circulation and smooth skin.
- Lavender hand scrub
Soothing irritated skin, mending inflamed skin, and calming and relaxing your senses are all benefits of lavender-based hand scrubs. Using a lavender hand scrub right before bedtime is a great idea.
- Charcoal hand scrub
Many cosmetic and hygiene products now contain charcoal as a component. Charcoal is extremely absorbent, which means it easily absorbs all of the dirt, filth, and dead skin cells.
- Korean hand scrub
Dead skin is sloughed off with scrubbing mitts rather than scrubbing with a cosmetic product. These gloves may be used to soften your skin with just a simple soap.
- Dry brushing
Do you want to try something different? Dry brushing is an excellent way to exfoliate dry skin. It also stimulates your nervous system while increasing blood circulation and lymph drainage.
In a nutshell, Scrubs for the hands are an excellent tool for practically any skin type. These exfoliants successfully soften and nourish your skin while removing all the dead, dry skin cells that build up on your hand, whether you buy one or make your own.
Best Hand Scrub Options
This gentle yet sweet-scented hand scrub is the perfect fruity hand scrub for day to day use. This hand scrub is Mango and Kiwi scented and is made out of dead sea salt which is the perfect scrub material as it’s not only a great exfoliant but also gentle and hydrating for the skin. This scrub contains sweet almond and wheat oil to further hydrate and nourish the skin. An added bonus is this product is vegan, cruelty free and not tested on animals.
- 100% ORGANIC DEAD SEA SALT SCRUB – Hand harvested and free from all nasty SLS/SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), pollutions and preservatives.
- NATURALLY REVITALISING MINERALS – The Dead Sea scrub gently melts into your skin and exfoliates leaving your skin beautifully soft and glowing.
- BODY SCRUB FOR ALL SKIN TYPES – Especially for sensitive and dry skin. Dead Sea salt is ideal for detoxing all skin types, making sure your skin a nourished and cleansed. Deep-cleans and rejuvenates dull, tired skin.
- VEGAN COSMETICS – PraNaturals vegan cosmetics are formulated with all-natural ingredients with no parabens or other additives. Not tested on animals.
- SALT SCRUB BLENDED WITH MANGO & KIWI FRUIT OILS – Powerful dead sea minerals blended harmoniously with sweet almond and wheat oil. The Dead Sea salts combined with the oils gently remove dead skin cells and reveal a healthy skin glow. The unique body scrub melts and exfoliates, leaving your skin beautiful and soft.
This 100% hand blended dead sea salt hand and body scrub is packed full of skin revitalizing minerals. Dead Sea salt comes from Israel’s Dead Sea, which is the world’s saltiest and deepest lake. Dead Sea Salt is beneficial to your skin and can be used to cure a variety of illnesses, including rheumatoid arthritis. The magnesium salts in Dead Sea water have been found in studies to improve skin health by reducing inflammation. with dry skin dipped one arm in bathwater containing 5% Dead Sea salt for 15 minutes in one trial. To compare the two, the second arm was dipped in tap water. The arms that had been soaked in Dead Sea salt solution softened up after one to six weeks. After the Dead Sea salt therapy, redness and dryness, both indications of inflammation, significantly decreased. This dead sea salt hand scrub is also infused with sweet almond oil which is rich in vitamin A, a retinol that has the ability to stimulate the production of new skin cells and smooth fine lines and Vitamin E which is a nutrient that has antioxidant properties that may help prevent cell damage and help reduce ultraviolet (UV) damage to the skin. Finally, mandarin essential oil is a fantastic medicinal essential oil with antibacterial and relaxing characteristics that makes it popular in skincare.
- 100% Pure & Natural product, no parabens or nasties!
- Contains pure Dead Sea Salt, Sweet Almond Oil and Mandarin essential oil
- Uplifting and refreshing body scrub
- Freshly Hand blended to order
- Fantastic fresh, fruity aroma
This product is specifically made to soften and brighten your hands. This luxurious brand of hand scrub is made specifically for delicate hands, made out of soft sugar granules this scrub will be soft and not too harsh on your hands. A natural blend of sugar, vitamin E and sweet almond oil will leave your hands as moisturized and as soft as ever. Give your hands an at home spa and special cuticle treatment using sanctuary spa hand and cuticle scrub. This at home hand spa treatment is microbead free which is environmentally friendly leaving no plastic waste and is animal testing free.
- A luxurious hand scrub fragranced with the Signature Sanctuary scent softens and smooths hard-working hands
- Gently massage into damp hands and cuticles, then rinse off. For the ideal finish, moisturise your hands with Sanctuary Spa hand cream
- This creamy and nourishing blend of naturally exfoliating sugar granules, vitamin E and sweet almond oil instantly softens and smoothes to leave hands looking polished
- Vitamin E moisturises the skin and helps to improve skin texture and softness. Sweet almond oil helps prevent moisture loss from skin
- All Sanctuary Spa products, including this hand and cuticle scrub, are microbead free, paraben free and against animal testing