Curls provide volume to a hairdo and can be fashioned to appear bouncy while remaining soft. They’re also a lovely alternative to straight or sleek hair. You can choose between huge wavy hair and the tiniest of curls because you aren’t relying on nature’s curls. Curls or waves can begin at the roots of your hair or run down from the earlobe. It is all up to you. Colorful or nuanced streaks, as well as two-tone hair, are additional alternatives for a completely unique curl style. Curly hair is appealing since it is unpredictable and spontaneous. Its independence has a wonderful aspect about it. People have been curling their hair since the beginning of time. They created ‘curls’ by braiding their hair while it was still damp and brushing it out the next day. This can be seen in artworks from the Middle Ages or the Renaissance. Even the first hair curlers were not electric. Electricity was only available to the wealthy for many years before Thomas Edison’s lightbulb was patented in 1880. Hair tongs were heated instead by holding them over gas burners. The basic hair curler consists of two metal tongs connected by a metal clip. It’s similar to other hair curlers that are still available, with a barrel replacing the tongs. In 1959, the first electric hair curlers were patented and they all had the same barrel size up until 1965 where your curls didn’t have to be the same as everyone else’s: you could be as subtle or as dramatic with your hairstyle as you wanted. Curling wands have also evolved during the previous two decades. Barrels come with or without a clip, are tapered or uniform, and are composed of comparable materials to straighteners. The right-size (and -shape) barrel, as well as how hot the iron gets, when you use hairspray, and how you hold the iron, all play a role in the type of curl you want.
Speaking of hair curler wands, they are different sizes. We will be discussing the difference between the 25 mm hair curling wand and the 32 mm curling wand. A 32mm curling iron is equivalent to 1.25 inches on the Imperial scale, while a 25mm curling iron is equivalent to 1 inch. With different sizes of curling irons, you can create a variety of different styles. When we talk about the barrel size, we’re referring to the curling wand’s diameter. If you choose a 32mm model, your hair will have more waves, and a 32mm curling barrel can manage longer hair than a 25mm barrel. Using a 25mm curling wand, on the other hand, creates more defined and spiral curls, as well as a more visible curling effect. Curling wands with a set diameter, as opposed to tapered curling wands or reverse stylers with a conical barrel, are ideal for achieving uniform curls.
Which Size Is Your Type?
25 mm curling wand
A 25mm curling wand is the most popular size and is ideal for adding standard curls to hair. A curling wand with a diameter of 25mm is inexpensive and suitable for most hair lengths. It is recommended to start with a 25mm barrel if you’re new to curling hair. Curling wands with a diameter of 25mm can produce more curls with a more elegant shape. More importantly, it gives you a better style result when you want to give your curls more volume.
If you’re a beginner and don’t have particularly long hair, a curling wand with a 25mm barrel is the way to go. The curls are more defined and last longer with the 25 mm wand. Because it works on short, medium, and long hair, the 25 mm wand is more versatile than the 32 mm wand.
- All hair lengths are suitable.
- Curls with a lot of body
- Curls are defined and tight.
- Curls last longer.
- Does not create large curls
- Not suitable for people with long, curly, big hair
35 mm curling wand
You may get a more relaxed and natural-looking curly haircut with a 32mm curling wand. With a 32 mm curling barrel, you can easily achieve loose beachy waves. A bigger barrel can curl lengthy hair, which is another reason why people choose 32mm curling wands. The 32mm barrel offers roughly 30% more space than a 25mm barrel due to its larger diameter.
- Create waves that are beautiful, disheveled, and relaxed in appearance.
- Ideal for a more casual beach style.
- Anyone with thick, coarse, or voluminous hair should consider this.
- Those with thick, naturally wavy hair will prefer this.
- Not recommended for thin or short tresses.
- Does not give your hair too much volume and bounce.
- Shorter haired people should avoid this.
- Curls don’t last very long.
- Larger barrels are more difficult to handle.
How are they similar?
Apart from the barrel size and the curls and waves created, most 25mm and 32mm curling wands are manufactured with same material, have similar features, and perform in a similar manner. Curling wands are also more user-friendly and comfortable to use than other hair heating and curling tools, regardless of barrel size. Curling wands don’t have clips, so you’ll have to use both hands to style your hair. They’re also difficult to use on shorter hair because it’s tougher to hold without a clip. Aside from the similarities mentioned, material type is an important consideration when purchasing a curling wand.
What is the best curling wand for short hair?
Short hair is often thought to be difficult to style. That should never be the case with the correct styling tool. Those with short hair should use a curling iron with a skinny barrel (25mm or thinner). A slimmer barrel will produce a tighter curl and, as a result, give your hairstyle more body and volume.
Styling wand for Hollywood curls
Which curling wand is best for huge curls? A huge curling wand, such as a 32mm one, is without a doubt your greatest styling wand option if you’re going for those big Hollywood curls. However, if you have really thick hair, a large curling wand is the best option for you. Among the best curling wands for your hair would be a tourmaline ceramic styling wand with a variety of heat settings.
How to choose the right curling wand material?
If you’re unsure, go with titanium. Titanium is the ideal hair product for every hair type. It’s especially useful for hair that’s difficult to curl (even if it’s fine) and hair that’s coarse.
- It immediately heats up.
- Hair curling is faster and more efficient
- Lightweight and durable.
- Can reach high temperatures.
- Hair damage is more likely.
- Beginners should avoid it.
Ceramic reaches the same temperature as titanium, but it does it in a different way. Ceramic is ideal for hair that is easy to curl and hair that is damaged.
- Negative ions are produced, smoothing hair cuticles for a smooth finish.
- There are no cold places.
- Warmth that is even, continuous, and gentle is produced and maintained.
- Produce far-infrared energy to tame even the most stubborn hair.
- Hair strands are less damaged.
- Gentler than metal-based curlers
- It can be expensive at times.
- Still can damage your hair if you are not careful. No heat tool is completely damage free
Best Curling Wand Choices
Now that you’ve learned the differences between the 25 mm and 32 mm wands and different curling wands materials, here are our product recommendations for the best curling irons.
The 25mm tourmaline-ceramic barrel creates gorgeous tousled and textured curls. The Advanced Ceramics heating system heats up quickly and keeps the heat to the exact degree you want for consistent style on every part of hair. Tourmaline is a natural source of negative ions that seal and smooth the hair cuticle, as well as far-infrared heat that enters the hair from within, allowing for speedier styling with less damage. Styling tools infused with tourmaline are the best on the market.
- Size: 25 millimeters
- Colour: Multicoloured
- Brand: BaByliss
- Material: Ceramic
- Item dimensions L x W x H: 23 x 13 x 6 centimetres
- Power source: Corded Electric
- Item weight: 0.55 Pounds
- Max temperature setting: 210 Degrees Celsius
- Heater surface material: Tourmaline
- For lasting bouncy curls.
- 25mm tourmaline-ceramic barrel creates smooth curls.
- Easy to use lever to softly hold the hair as you curl.
- 5 digital temperature settings from 150°C – 210°C.
- High heat performance with ultra-fast heat up.
This product comes in a 25 mm, 32 mm and a 38 mm size option which provides a great deal of versatility. So, you can create salon-worthy styles every day, the Hot Tools Signature Series guarantees professional reliability and long-lasting results. Everyone deserves to be gorgeous, and this tool provides just that. It’s simple to see why stylists prefer this curling iron. It’s a full-featured package that allows you to create all of your favourite looks. The gold technology in the hot tools signature series salon gold curling iron promotes long-lasting results and quick styling, so you can be styled in no time and enjoy your magnificent locks all day and night. Pulse Technology keeps the temperature consistent, so you get the perfect curl every time. All hair types, from fine to coarse and everything in between, benefit from a high heat setting of up to 220°C. Always start with a lower heat setting to avoid heat damage, then work your way up if necessary. All hair types require different temperatures; if you’re unsure, do some research to find out what’s best for you! A soft-touch comfort grip allows for complete styling control, and the extra-long cool tip allows you to rest your fingers while styling to keep them cool. With 2 metres of tangle-free swivel cord, you’ll have plenty of room to move. You won’t be able to wait to start styling every day after seeing this performance. The voltage is 240 watts. This curling wand has for different heat settings and is sure to give your hair the volume you need. It also fits every type of hair there is
- Hot Tools Pro Signature 32mm Curling Iron.
- GOLD-PLATED BARREL: For faster styling and long-lasting results.
- PULSE TECHNOLOGY: Gets Hot…Stays Hot – maintains consistent temperatures on styling surface to provide a perfect curl every time.
- HIGH HEAT UP TO 220°C: For all hair types, thin to coarse.
- 8m Tangle-Free Swivel Cord. Comfort grip and separate On/Off Switch.
- Dual plug technology, perfect for travel. UK (3 pin plug) + EU plug
- Unit count: 1.0
- Wattage: 240.0 watts
- Brand: Hot Tools
- Item dimensions L x W x H: 40.2 x 6.3 x 14.7 centimetres
This fancy and high end curling wand is the pefect choice for someone who is looking for affordability and quality. Also, this hair wand is sure to protect your hair from damage. It is made with high quality ceramic. The ceramic wand distributes heat evenly throughout the style process, protecting your hair from damage and frizziness. Ceramic tools are popular because they promote moisture retention in your hair strands, giving you a hydrated and nourished look that will turn heads. It comes with a universal dual voltage which means it will adjust the voltage accordingly and it also has an auto off function after 60 minutes to avoid accidents and burns. All in all this wand is travel friendly and safe whilst also providing high quality hair dos at home.
- SALON QUALITY IN YOUR HOME – No more expensive trips to the salon to get your desired look. H&S Pro Curling tongs comes with longer barrel to help create defined curls for even the longest or thickest hair.
- HEALTHY HAIR CURLER : Professional curling wand features ceramic ionic tech that emits negative ions, protects hair from heat damage while adding shine; PTC tech to prevent uneven heat and excessive high temperature from hurting your hair.
- SAFE TO OPERATE: Long press for 3 seconds power button to turn on the curling. This hair wand has built-in 60-minute auto off function to avoid burning and scalding, 360 degrees rotating swivel power cord with 2.5m(8ft) to avoid winding and let you hold the iron at any angle for the best curling effect.
- TRAVEL FRIENDLY: Universal dual voltage (100 – 240V AC) will automatically adjust to the proper voltage when used with a compatible adapter
- 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE: Keeping you satisfied and providing you with the friendliest customer service is our number one goal. H&S Pro hair curler tong offers 30 days money back guarantee and a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty.
The Aoketic curling wand is tourmaline and ceramic coated which provides a double layer of protection. Tourmaline produces a significant amount of negative ions It helps not only straighten but also smooth and shine hair, while preventing frizz and locking in moisture, by counteracting the positive ions found in your locks. As a result, it’s a better option for people with fine or damaged hair. If you plan to use your curler every day, it’s also a slightly less intense option. The combination of ceramic and tourmaline is the perfect option in the case of a heating tool’s material and is the least damaging to any hair type. The Aoketic curling wand also comes with a heat glove for protection for your hands. With heat settings from 130°C to 220°C you have the choice and versatility to control the curling wand however you like and with the fast and updated dual PTC heater the curler heats up evenly throughout the device and only takes up to 60 seconds to heat up fully. The 25 mm thick wand gives your hair a tight and luscious curl for more voluminous hair.
- Ceramic Coating Creates Natural Curls The Aokitec 1 inch curling wand tongs adopted with tourmaline ceramic coating 6.5inch barrel, features a ceramic smooth surface that provides tangle-free curling, which is a perfect hair curler to create natural, beachy waves with less frizz.
- Portable & Easy to Use Compatible 100V-240V dual voltage curling iron wand for worldwide use, comes with 6ft 360° swivel cord for easy use, heat-resistant glove and 2 hair clips are included in the box as well.
- Precise & Fast PTC Heater Aokitec pink hair curling iron is developed with 5 precise temperature settings (from 280°F to 430°F ) and updated dual PTC heater, evenly & fast heats up in 60s without long-time waiting and protect your hair from unstable heating of other badly-made wand curler.
- Safe Curling with Aokitec Specially designed with insulation tip, safety wand stand & a free bonus heat-resistant glove to avoid scald. The 60min auto shut off function & safety wand stand protect you from scald. We also use with high quality ETL power cord to ensure better safety for customers.
- Enjoy Your Stylish Waves with Aokitec The package comes with a heat-resistant glove and two hair clips, which is a perfect gift for birthday, Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Mother’s Day and Christmas Day.
The most premium looking curling wand on the market. With a white wand and a black handle the curling iron has the most pleasing aesthetic out of all curling wands. It also has a miniture temperature display with the option to choose your heat settings from up to 120°C to 230°C. The 32 mm wand gives you big voluminous curls for that classical and sophisticated Hollywood look. The product also comes with a heat glove and 2 assorted hair clips for sectioning your hair while styling. The Landot 32 mm curling wand is the perfect fit for all hair types and is coated with ceramic tourmaline for that extra heat protection.
- Fit for All Hair Types: Professional curling iron with Digital TEMPERATURE display, can choose among 21 different temperature settings from 120°C-230°C, great for thin, fine, medium, and thick hair types
- Minimizes Heat Damage: Curling wand with specially coated ceramic tourmaline barrel reduces heat damage and frizz, releases negative ion helps you create soft, shiny, frizz-free curls and waves with minimal heat damage to hair. The result is healthier & long-lasting shine hair
- Safe Operation & Easy to Use: Hair Curler with 1 Hr Automatic shut off for safety. Cool tip to protect hands. 360-degree swivel cord for Snag-free styling. International travel American / European dual voltage 100-240V
- Fast styling & Long-Lasting results: Professional Grade Instant Heat Up and Fast Heat Recovery. Constant heat also makes for curls and beach waves that last all day long, saving time and perfect for your busy morning
- Convenient & Save time: Snag-free, specially designed 360° rotating clamp for gentle run-through, more convenient and faster for create Curls, Natural waves